Học Bổng Bốn Phương
Học bổng PhD và cơ hội postdoc ngành sinh học thực vật tại University of Geneva 2019
- Chi tiết bài viết
- Bài viết liên quan
Roman Ulm Laboratory @ University of Geneva, Switzerland
Applications are invited for postdoc and PhD student positions to study UV-B perception, signalling and responses. Our group has a strong interest in early UVR8 photoreceptor-mediated events regulating UV-B-induced photomorphogenesis and acclimation in plants (see www.ulm-lab.ch/ for more information on our group and research). Possible projects will center on UVR8 signaling in the regulation of flowering time, UVR8-mediated signaling and gene regulation, and RUP1-/RUP2- mediated regulation of UVR8 activity. The topics of research projects will be discussed in more detail during the interviews of selected candidates.
We are looking for talented and creative new team members. The successful candidates are highly motivated, have a strong interest in plant signal transduction, and demonstrated expertise in molecular biology, molecular genetics, biochemistry, imaging techniques, or related (postdoc candidates: first-author paper in a major international journal). Previous substantial experience with molecular techniques is essential. Good communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English are required.
If you are interested in joining our team to make key discoveries in how plants perceive, signal and respond to UV-B, please send your application document (incl. letter of motivation, C.V., copies of your degrees, and names of 2-3 references) as a single .pdf file to Roman Ulm (email@example.com)
Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Starting date is flexible and upon agreement.
We offer a creative and stimulating international scientific environment, and access to state-of-the-
art technologies. Geneva offers an outstanding setting for study and research in the Molecular Life
Sciences, as well as a vibrant cosmopolitan cultural life and beautiful natural surroundings for outdoor activities.
The successful PhD student candidate(s) will be embedded in the Molecular Biosciences program of the International PhD school of Life Sciences (https://lifesciencesphd.unige.ch/).
5 Selected Publications:
- Arongaus et al. (2018) Arabidopsis RUP2 represses UVR8-mediated flowering in noninductive photoperiods. Genes & Dev. 32: 1332-1343.
- Yin et al. (2016) COP1 is required for UV-B–induced nuclear accumulation of the UVR8 photoreceptor. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 113: E4415-E4422.
- Allorent et al. (2016) UV-B photoreceptor-mediated protection of the photosynthetic machinery in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 113: 14864-14869.
- Heijde and Ulm (2013) Reversion of the Arabidopsis UV-B photoreceptor UVR8 to the homodimeric ground state. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 110: 1113-1118.
- Rizzini et al. (2011) Perception of UV-B by the Arabidopsis UVR8 protein. Science 332: 103-106.
Nguồn: Dr. Nguyễn Tấn Trung
Nguồn hình cover: University of Geneva